|11-04-2011, 05:07 PM||#1|
Join Date: October 06, 2011
Delicious Holiday GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE!
SEE MORE RECIPES: www.vegancrocotta.com
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 1/2 pounds of Fresh Green Beans (trim edges off & chop into bite size pieces)
1 Small can of Mushrooms
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
3/4 cup Regular Soymilk
2 Tablespoons Flour
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 1/2 slices of your favorite Bread
1 Tablespoon Vegan Margarine (like Earth Balance or Nucoa)
3oz can of French Fried Onions
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt and beans to the pot. Cover and cook about 7 minutes. Strain the beans & rinse with cold water. Set aside.
3. Add mushrooms, garlic, vegetable broth, salt & pepper to a skillet. Slowly whisk in flour. Simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens. Add your soymilk and simmer until thick, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in green beans. Set this all aside.
4. Off to the side put your slices of bread, margarine, salt & pepper into a food processor//blender until chunky yet crumbly. Make sure to stir around every few seconds to evenly chop it all. Pour into a large bowl & gently toss in the french fried onions.
5. Use a little extra vegan margarine//oil to lightly coat a baking dish. Pour in your green bean mixture & top with the bread crumb mixture. Bake for about 15 minutes & serve! Serves 6-8
Visit www.vegancrocotta.com for more recipes to complete the holiday feast! Recipes that I suggest are the Merciless 'Meat'loaf, Morose Mashed Potatoes & Ghastly Onion Gravy! Funny names, but serious food!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Green News Thread||Bowwowmeow||General Discussion||83||02-09-2013 05:47 AM|
|Cabbage: Red vs Green||manzana||Raw Foods||1||09-04-2011 04:12 AM|
|SWEET GREEN SMOOTHIES||Fauxmage||Raw Foods||5||07-03-2011 06:12 PM|
|Ethical Holiday Dilemma||thevegantwins||Animal Rights, Vegan Ethics, and Activism||13||12-08-2007 12:36 PM|